Yet another scam?
- 31 January 2012 18:14I just received a text from 07976728074 telling me their records show I am due a very large sum of money from missold PPI.
I don't think so
My only loan, which I paid off several years ago, included PPI which I asked for. I'm assuming this is another scam? Anyone else had the same?There's always a little truth behind every "Just kidding", a little emotion behind every "I don't care" and a little pain behind every "I'm ok".
- 31 January 2012 18:16My daughter had several txts the other day saying she was entitled to a cash sum after her accident she had , of course being 9 she was very happy thinking she was going to be rich
- 31 January 2012 18:25get it all the time, on my landline though.
a disembodied voice drones on about missold something or other.
- 31 January 2012 20:28We're recently getting lots that start "we're not selling anything, we're doing a survey".
If we're busy we just put the phone down, if not we use them as a source of entertainment and just keep asking them silly questions instead until they put the phone down on us.
Or keep asking for their name and phone number as they've got ours, they don't like that.
- 29 February 2012 10:51another one today from "santander bank" telling me that there is a problem with my online banking.
never had an account with them.
- 29 February 2012 11:04This site is recommended by the Met for the reporting of such scams...
Ignorance is bliss, bliss is happiness, I am happy...to draw your attention to the possible connectivity in the foregoing.
- 29 February 2012 12:41Had a call this morning from an Indian gentleman telling me his company had been appointed as the sole agent for reclaiming any missold PPI in the UK.
He wasn't very sympathetic when I descibed my cold symptoms in detail, couldn't understand why I had never had a mortgage and when I told him I didn't believe in credit cards and always paid in cash he was very put out. After 5 minutes of pretending to be an 80 year old with bad hearing and a wheezy chest I wished him a good day in my cheeriest voice and I'm sure the words I heard back were rude in whatever language he used. I had some fun and it kept him of someone elses phone for for a while.
- 29 February 2012 21:56I might have had the same call Ray except he claimed he was authorised by the Ministry of Justice? and he wanted to talk to me about mis sold PPI,dropped the phone accidently. Dojnt know what ministry of Justice he was talking about perhaps it was in Dehli.If you knew what I know,we would both be in trouble!
- 29 February 2012 22:05i had one earlier from a lady that spoke but not appear to have listening skills.
3 grand could be winging its way to me shortly, the kindness of strangers!!
- 29 February 2012 23:58I got the latest version of a Nigerian scam today....
Your Unpaid Funds from email@example.com
This is HTML source of message you composed. Do not modify here. To modify this message press HTML Messages Editor button.
I am Miss Elizabeth Umeze. A computer scientist with central bank of Nigeria.
I am 26 years old, just started work with C.B.N. I came across your file which was marked X and your released disk painted RED, I took time to study it and found out that you have paid VIRTUALLY all fees and certificate but the fund has not been release to you.
The most annoying thing is that they cannot tell you the truth that on no account will they ever release the fund to you. Please this is like a Mafia setting in Nigeria; you may not understand it because you are not a Nigerian.
The only thing I will need to release this fund is a special HARD DISK we call it HD120 GIG. I will buy two of it, recopy your information, destroy the previous one, and punch the computer to reflect in your bank within 24 banking hours. I will clean up the tracer and destroy your file, after which I will run away from Nigeria to meet with you.
If you are interested. Do get in touch with me immediately, You should send to me your convenient tell/fax numbers for easy communications and also re confirm your banking details, so that there won't be any mistake.for phone converstion,please call me on +2348155605982.
Miss Elizabeth Umeze
- 1 March 2012 08:39I've had the odd text about all the accidents I've never had, never anything about PPI.
If I get anything about PIP I'll know their having me on.grass grows by the inches but dies by the feet.
- 1 March 2012 09:13Iíve had texts too. A couple of weeks ago I received a call, the woman informed me I am due a large sum of money because of miss sold PPI on a loan and she could recover it for me. I thanked her and wished her luck as Iíve never had a loan in my life. Iím still waiting for my cheque!!
- 1 March 2012 09:14What a load of boobies Ian
- 2 May 2012 15:53yet another one just recieved.
Due to concerns for the safety and integrity of the online banking community we have issued the following warning message :
It has come to our attention that your account information needs to be confirmed due to inactive customers,fraud and spoof reports.
If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and confirm your records, you will not run into any future problems with
the online services. You will fiind below the activation link for your account:
- 2 May 2012 15:58b'stards, the lot of them. #10 made me laugh though.
- 2 May 2012 16:22I've twice this week had a text saying that I haven't claimed for the accident I had!!!
TerryQuis custodiet ipsos custodes?