Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Funnily enough, when I worked for DHB in the Import Freight section we had similar instances, HM Waterguard would check the seals and then disappear for the night! One night we had a tanker full of Stella Artois, one of our duties each morning was to list all dropped trailer numbers, my colleague and myself discovered that the Stella tanker was leaking - so we went and got several empty milk bottles etc and saved the liquid from polluting the area! Word soon got round and there were many trips to check the tanker - after several hours my duty controller in the tower radioed me and asked why there was so much interest in the tanker, I explained that it was leaking and he said well you know Ian it's illegal for us to drink on duty - so you'd better bring some up here so I can check it.
    Sounds to me this is the sort of conversation that would start up this new 'old photos' thread?

end link