Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well, I never! Some fabulous shots there Howard, with all the walks I take up there I have never seen these gorgeous chapesses!

All running smoothly for our planned programme of works at Connaught Park. We start on Monday May 13th, sanding down & painting a number of benches. I will be there at 9.30am to meet with Mr Darran Solley & our volunteers will arrive at 10am. We have secured an empty space under cover in the contractors yard just beyond the toilets, so rain will not stop work. Hopefully it will be a fine day & we can work outdoors but if not the space will accommodate at least 3 benches & we can just get on with the work in hand. So if you happen to spot a number of hard working volunteers adorned in apple green aprons (printing courtesy of Mark Cannings at MCL Graphics) then come & say hello

We will continue working on the benches until the plants are released from the nurseries at the end of May which we plan to plant at the beginning of June.

A Huge Thank You to the following: DDC for supplying materials for our bench work & of course for the plants too, DTC for funding & insurance cover & to Cllr Pat Sherratt who put us forward for funding, which was seconded by Cllr Stewart Dimmock. CPAG under the umbrella of the Castle Forum is greatly supported by Secretary Denise Smith & Treasurer Liz Dimech, I must also mention the local businessman & niece of John Turnpenny, Katie Lloyd-Nunn for their kind donations. Last but not least Mr Darran Solley for his patience, guidance & advice & of course our Volunteers as without them this project would not be possible

end link