Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As some of you will know on here I live very near to Connaught Park and walk our dog Fifi there most days. Everytime I come home after the walk I feel quite upset at the state of this once beautiful park and it's getting worse by the week.

I've got to know quite a few dog owners, joggers and walkers and they all feel pretty depressed about it all too. Why is this park so neglected, no flowers throughout the summer, the grass is left to grow knee high over the rolling hillside of the park, the pond with its beautiful sculpture/fountain is completely grubby, in fact almost everything is grubby. The once well kept tennis courts have been left to decay. Are there plans afoot to get rid of the park, well that is the only logical conclusion I can come to. If so, it will be a great shame.

One can see beautiful views from there, the squirrel life in autumn is always in abundance, we go to feed them every year. The aviary is still there and that at least seems well looked after as is the children's play area which was refurbished a couple of years back.

Connaught Park is a real gem for the people of Dover and should by all accounts be carefully and lovingly looked after. Why is it being left to deteriorate like this?

end link