Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well here it is - Dovers opinion doesnt count, because other areas shout louder, Canterbury and Ebbsfleet get improvements, and we pay for it with worse service and higher prices:

Dear Damian

Thanks for your email.

I can understand Mr. Commuter point of view, but unfortunately,
    All railway timetables are a compromise between the service specification set by the Department for Transport, the rolling stock and infrastructure capacity availably, the conflicting, but equally legitimate demands of passengers from stations large and small across the network and currently, the impact of the major works at London Bridge. Within these constraints we do our best to come up with a timetable that meets the needs of the majority of people who travel with this, but unfortunately, some people will be disappointed

In this case, we have tried to improve performance by ending the practice of "splitting and joining" services at Ashford and other major stations. We have also responded to calls from more stops at Ebbsfleet. This station is becoming increasing popular with commuters and it's difficult to ignore calls for an increase in station stops as current loadings are very busy.

When setting a timetable there is inevitably a conflict between commuters from different stations as a benefit in the form of an additional stop to passengers from station A extends journey times by around two or three minutes to passengers from station B further down the line.

Please advise Mr. Commuter that we'll be looking at performance, customer feedback and train loadings once the new timetable takes effect and if it's not producing the benefits we seek and passenger numbers from Ebbsfleet are less than forecast, then there is scope for change.

I hope this allows you to respond to your constituent but if you need further information, please let me know.

Best wishes

Mike Gibson

Public Affairs Manager
    Southeastern

end link