Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Andrew, I like the Stratford 'under an hour' solution. I think South Eastern have acknowledged privately St P to Dover is achievable. The two Folkestone stations are a residual result of the original St P to Folkestone journey prior to Shakespeare Tunnels being upgraded & a extra train set being added to the route. Long standing Forum members will remember the fight to get theĀ£8m upgrade to allow HS1 to Dover. Well done Gwyn P & Nigel. The Folkestone station issue is one of
    Politics now,not customer numbers. Folkestone West with extra parking is regarded as the better of the two stops. It is business customers who are telling us half hourly HS1 journeys to Dover Priory would boost Dover business. I don' t pretend to know Network Rail's ten year signalling plan for East Kent & have never heard it mentioned to date as an impediment but Jack may be right as a regular commuter (I believe).

end link