Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Being a terminus does not mean Deal isn't out on a limb - in fact I think it implies the opposite.

Oh well,it will enable even more "White Flight" Londoners to come down, treat Deal like a theme park, bump up property prices by buying weekend homes while squeezing out locals, and cooing to their Islington pals about the "New Whitstable". And talking of Dovorians as if we all lived in caves, despite never having actually been here.

Paul, I would like to see how times from Dover will be cut to under an hour (assuming we can get a seat), but I wish you well in your endeavours.

It may be worth pointing out that Dover already IS under an hour from London, if you are going to Stratford International. Might be worth pointing out to Docklands-based commuters.

In fact I now use Startford over St P where possible - not only is it quicker to get to, there is a far better range of shops in Westfield next door, and a great craft beer pub too. Much better than Des Vins at St P.

end link