Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Going off at a tangent now as Darren's comment on unbranded products reminded me of a company I was arranging their exports of about 20 years ago. We were getting a lot of business shipping containers of detergent out so I went up to their Manchester office/depot to find out more about them. I was totally astonished upon arrival to see approx 20 loading bays busy filling 40' containers with others waiting their turn.

I said to their export manager "no offence but I have never heard of your company before arranging some of your exports and why do you not feed the domestic market?". He replied along the lines of we do and you may have bought our products. It transpired that all the discount shops stocked their detergent but with various names on the boxes. You may well ask how they kept their prices so low as to be so successful, simple as they never advertised anywhere - they had a sales team to cover the UK and appointed sales agents in every corner of the globe that worked on commission only.

Since then the only products I have purchased that are known brands are tea and coffee.

end link