Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Vic Matcham wrote:
    And the pier will reopen when the work is done post 549 is wrong and it is himself that needs to go and have a look at the new lie out not me.

I have looked at it, and understood it. This IS the proposed new layout (courtesy of DHB website), the only bit of the PoW pier remaining as a pier is the very last bit with the slight bend, the rest of it will be covered over and will become part of the port operational area with no public access.

At the AGM of the Dover Society last night the Chairman, who is also Chairman of the Port Community Forum, said there have been concerns raised by several (he didn't mention names obviously) that after Stage 1 of the redevelopment has taken place then Stages 2 and 3 might be abandoned due to lack of funds - and he mentioned that as the project is part funded by the EU the result of the referendum might have an effect on future funding. Though I'm sure he wasn't trying to influence people in how to vote

end link