Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I had an interesting chat with someone at the DHB stand at Regatta about how the development was a done deal and that the pier was closing in a couple of weeks to start work, all very convincing until I asked about planning permission etc... and a very quick backtrack that nothing can be done until they get planning through. Also questions about the new marina and pier were met with vague promises about how lovely it will be, again until asked when and sheepishly was told it would be after the cargo port was finished and then only if studies say it is viable.
    if I knew nothing about the development and proposals I would have been convinced it was all ready to go.
    They also have a petition for people to sign if they support the regeneration of the western end for the benefit of the town and community.

Must congratulate them on a great attempt to brainwash the public though even the free balloons for the little ones just say we support and on the other side the port of Dover logo, full marks for effort DHB.

end link