Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As it has been raining heavily I decided to go through the various objections, missing out the ones based on history and emotional attachment although they are valid of course.

The decision from the committee has to reflect whether this is of overall benefit to the district and whether everything is clear and above board. The application falls short on both in my view. It goes without saying that loss of the pier and some of the beach and freight sheds added to our eye line will be a complete turn off for locals and visitors alike. Nothing is clear about what we will get after the proposed vandalism by DHB if they get their way.

Apologies for going over old ground but the original plans showed the pier open to everyone but for the first third of the length(approx) there would be pleasure craft either side so we would have to walk a bit before seeing the great views plus we would lose a tiny bit of beach. No new fully detailed plans have emerged, just some artists impressions and vague mutterings of regeneration(always go down well with the public) so in my view DDC have to say thanks that was interesting, now would you please apply again giving full details of your plans.

end link