Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This was the barest bone of a protest. I counted 25 people in total. A sporadic handful walked by in the middle of the road. Why they were allowed to disrupt the Queens Highway is beyond comprehension, why not have them confined to a specific corner as per the Animal Rights protesters who seem to me to have more legitimacy. This protest didn't appear to be about anything in particular.

I think this protest was oversold on twitter and presumably facebook...so that even the Police bought into the pre-publicity. But there we are.

Latest from the Port here....many thanks to them as ever for the info..

Port Operations Final Update @1530hrs

The Port has remained open and in full operation, welcoming both tourist and freight customers as normal.
    The Port liaised closely with Kent Police about the protest being held today under the banner of supporting the truckers, which has now dispersed.

Our primary concern remained the safety and wellbeing of our customers and community and keeping the Port and its operations open. The Port would like to thank Kent Police for its assistance in policing a peaceful protest whilst keeping the Port open.

end link