Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

All this pollution is obviously a great shame and the efforts of some water companies leave much to be desired. It can ruin the holiday break for so many people staying in and around Broadstairs and so on. Also I wonder what exactly that incident was on Shakespeare beach and if its related. Definitely wouldn't fancy any pollution here in Dover..so fingers crossed it wont reach us.
    One of the beaches affected is Joss Bay. A very popular beach with surfers as you can see here...

And it has the coveted Blue Flag too...oh dear..
    pictures are from a couple of years back.

also as I write just noticed this in my inbox from Laura Sandys MP Thanet South..

Laura Sandys MP: "I am extremely frustrated that another emergency discharge has been made into the sea from Southern Water's Foreness Point treatment works. I continue to have serious concerns about the impact that these discharges have on visitors, local residents and all-importantly local businesses, particularly during the summer holidays.

"Last month I had an open and frank meeting with Matthew Wright, Chief Executive of Southern Water, and next week I am scheduled to visit Foreness Point to discuss these issues further. I am continuing to raise the concerns of local residents and businesses with Southern Water in order to ensure that these issues are addressed as the status quo is clearly unacceptable."

-ENDS-

end link