Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I welecome the Public to attend meetings.The only ones that seem to attract the public are Planning Meetings.The DTIZ has been discussed at these ..Back in the late eighties there was a plan to sell off part of River Rec for housing .People turned up some had to stand in an adjacent room.The then River Parish Clerk addressed the Council .The Councl listened and no houses were built.
    At another meeting I think it was to do with Poll Tax . .A well known figure was thrown out only to turn up later and removed again,We have had public meetings and mostly they have turned out to be a slanging match,
    Treated with respect Councillors will listen.My name and telephone number is published .I get residents turning up at my house and not during office hours I chat to people on the bus and Im always approachable.What I cannot do is breach confidentiality.

end link