Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I agree Howard, but a lot of the discontent is about a lack of transparency in government at all levels. Preaching to the converted I'm sure, but a lot of us are very disillusioned with politicians at all levels, and now we seem to have legislation in place to, if not exactly bring them to book, make them start looking over their shoulders and give some respect to the people who have voted them in.
    I assume that Mr. Walkden is a politician, apologies for the slur if he is not, but if the general public want something they are entitled to, then his personal opinion about the timing is totally irrelevant, and is just that, an opinion. My opinion is that the timing could hardly be better, and potential investors in Dover will be so pleased to see a law abiding and transparent district council running the area, they will be queueing up to invest. Which is also just an opinion, but the public vote the politicians into power, and its time the politicians started to be seen to have the best interests of the voters at heart.

end link