Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Mr Shirley,I have already pointed out to you and others why this meeting is a very bad move.As you said I have been around Dover more then most infact 71years. If you had this a year or two years ago, I would have been the very first to sigh and get up and support you,but that is not the case why did you not get this up before?,why wait till(1) a year away from the local and Gen/Elections.(2)And at the time when Dover has started be it slow to move forward.?
    You cannot be thinking that this meeting if it goes ahead will push it along.Because we all know that is not the case.
    I feel in some way this is probable for publicity for a p/party. As I and others have said this could even put it back even more.Any change of leadership at this time is a bad move.Talking to me on a one to one will not do anygood I am just a member of the public with no say in it.
    Just a point of view I am just a parish cllr with no powers to act .But still if you would like to meet up then so be it ,it will not change anything.Also all the party leaders have sighed up so they will be kicking it around at your meeting ,by siting in the front row or on the stage because they need public votes,you again have Dover MP there he knows that his job is on the line anyway so he will go againts his own party at the district like he has done before trying to get the public behind him just for votes ,the reds and UKIP YELLOWS will all be there trying to get the public to back want they are saying just for votes.As I said this meeting you have called for is very bad timing.And the only thing that could happen is poor old Dover once again will be the loser.

end link