Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Far from being on high, I could not be more depressed when I see what has been presided over in this town. I really don't mind about what you predict, but I will happily engage with you if you want to make arguments that are based upon something other than apparent clairvoyance. I expect you have lived here much longer than I have and have done everything in your power to improve the lot of the electorate. For my part, I haven't done much. But I am angry and saddened by a decaying town and a dilatory and distant leadership group.

So, what I am trying to achieve is fair and open democracy, intelligent and rational debate, considered argument and councillors and officials who have the humility and good grace to recognise the sheer frustration and disappointment so may people have in their apparent shortcomings. And then to talk to us in an open and honest way. How positive would that be? What an encouragement to potential inwards investors would such openness and honesty be.

Given that, I would be delighted to discuss my approach to engender change and improvement with anyone who can construct a sound and reasonable expression of why the process I have commenced is in any way counter-productive. I have yet to hear such an argument. I have heard predictions and comments like your own which I respect, but you don't make an argument. If you know something we don't upon which you base your predictions please do share. Otherwise I will have to assume that your expressions are as invalid as you indicate my attempts to seek knowledge are.

If we are unable to engage on a basis of factual debate, shall we agree that we are both wasting words on each other?

I think such an outcome would please many.

end link