Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Good afternoon everyone. I refer to the headline on Kent on-line and comment as follows:

If the spokesman for DDC is in fact speaking for that individual who likes to be addressed as "the leader", then I am saddened that someone in such a high public office holds such a contemptuous view of the electorate. In a response to him and others like him I say this... The petition will continue, please everyone re-double your efforts to encourage more people to sign. Do not be dissuaded from challenging this haughty and ignorant regime by thinking that their tokenism to public debate, the so-called scrutiny process, is acceptable. Do not be influenced by those who seek to curtail openness through their own bigoted views.

I will shortly be advising of a petition signing opportunity in Dover High Street that will take place within a week or so. I intend to be present at that process throughout the day and to seek not 1600 signatures but many more. This Council elite is truly unacceptable. Shame on them. To the good people of St.Margarets Bay who have voted for this individual in the past, please reflect on his actions to oppose public demand and on the progress that, under his stewardship, has been made on the St.James development over his 30 years as a councillor and 10 as "leader" when next you vote.

end link