Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thanks Alan

"Re post 123. Roger, you haven't provided any reason. You have stated that the timing is bad and may jeopardise the project. That is pure supposition on your part and not a reason".

It may be supposition Alan, but isn't your view also supposition - that you do not think it may endanger the progress and further inward investment ?
    As I'm sure you know, it is now being brought to Scrutiny and the public can attend these meetings and ask those questions where you would receive all the answers you require, but in an orderly meeting.

"I want someone who knows precisely why I should withdraw this petition to give me a reason so to do. So, if you are you the official spokesman for DDC on this matter, please give me a reason, or are you seeking to rebut the petition because in your view the timing is bad?"

As you know, I am not the official spokesman for DDC on this or any other matter. I am purely saying that the petition is an unnecessary way to determine the answers you seek and yes, the timing is not (to my mind), the best. Why not request to speak at the relevant Scrutiny meeting ?

"Please don't confuse a statement of your views with a reason. I therefore would like to ask: ]when will it be a good time to have a public meeting, and will the Council call such a meeting without being petitioned to do so ?"

I don't think that a public meeting with a free-for-all agenda will achieve very much at all.

"You and your colleagues Roger, elected and appointed, have not achieved a fraction of the inwards investment visible at all of our neighbouring districts, and 10 years later are uncomfortable with being called to account. That is my reason for raising a petition. A considered demographic piece of research based upon factual evidence".

I beg to differ Alan, there is much inward investment across the District and DDC is more than just Dover Town. As much as I love Dover, my adopted home, we (DDC) have brought and encouraged investment across the District with great success.
    Any delay in DTIZ is not because of delays and incompetance by officers or councillors. At every stage of DTIZ, it has been approved by both sides of the Council.
    Land-ownership, refusal to sell etc. have been delaying tactics and now that the CPO is with the Home and Communities Agency, it will be gone through with a fine-tooth comb to make sure it is water tight, then it will be advertised for those directly connected/affected, to make their views/objections known.

Roger

end link