Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Re post 122, interested that you Mr. McSweeney have so much knowledge of ICT. I only have 40 years experience in that field at the highest level so please excuse my lack of competence. It is usual for registration processes to allow one registration per unique email address when that address is accompanied by a full name and address. The DDC software (not developed by themselves but a generic package) does not allow multiple registrations from the same IP address until a re-boot is effected. This is an un-necessary fault and could easily be rectified by a competent system developer. Their system clearly relies on a unique IP address. We have received a number of advices of this error from people wishing to sign. Additionally, your assertion regarding the demographics of households is either very well researched, or is totally contrived to add value to your opinion. It seems our views of enfranchisement differ. Ofcom research.

73% of adults do not have a smart phone.
    53% of teenagers do not have a smart phone.

Re post 123. Roger, you haven't provided any reason. You have stated that the timing is bad and may jeopardise the project. That is pure supposition on your part and not a reason. I want someone who knows precisely why I should withdraw this petition to give me a reason so to do. So, if you are you the official spokesman for DDC on this matter, please give me a reason, or are you seeking to rebut the petition because in your view the timing is bad? Please don't confuse a statement of your views with a reason. I therefore would like to ask: ]when will it be a good time to have a public meeting, and will the Council call such a meeting without being petitioned to do so?

You and your colleagues Roger, elected and appointed, have not achieved a fraction of the inwards investment visible at all of our neighbouring districts, and 10 years later are uncomfortable with being called to account. That is my reason for raising a petition. A considered demographic piece of research based upon factual evidence.

end link