Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Good afternoon all.
    The petition continues to gain traction with over 440 on line signatures and many more via the paper petition. Copies of the petition document are in Ann and Pam's florist in Cherry Tree, The Accommodation Shop in Worthington St., Macari's Cafe in Pencester Road, The Bull Public House in London Road, The Boar's Head Public House in Eaton Road, The Craft Shop in the Charlton Centre and GoodFillas sandwich bar in Cannon St. . There will be many more locations added this week. Thank-you to all of those establishments for your excellent support.

We have detected an unfortunate failing on the DDC petition web-site, having noticed that very often only 1 person is signing per house-hold. The software does not allow multiple signatures from the same computer unless you re-boot. I hope no-one has been disenfranchised by this error.

Whilst not complacent, we remain confident that this petition will have the desired effect of prising open the obvious barriers to proper and appropriate communication from DDC.

Some councillors may of course attempt to stifle democracy but the clear resolve of almost everyone we speak to is to achieve change to the status-quo.

Naturally, if someone tells me and the residents of this district exactly why this petition is jeopardising the DTIZ and their reasoning is sound, I will react appropriately. Thus far, however, no such facts have been offered.

Regards, Alan Shirley

end link