Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

You make some very sound points here Lesley. There is certainly a danger that some people will seek to turn a public meeting into an unacceptable attack on officials and councillors. I very much hope that, if the Leadership team at DDC do in fact engage in a public debate, that proper protocols and courtesy will be observed by all participants. I do not want a street-fight, I just want to be given information so that any judgement of competence is fair and reasonable.

For my part, this is not a witch-hunt. It is intended as a civic-minded and professional request for our Council to be more transparent. The criticism of some on this Forum of my approach has raised the level of my concerns but I do not seek answers from Councillors who are not part of the Leadership Group or from local personalities who claim to know what is going on. In hind-sight, I have been foolish to engage with them as they are not the people I am challenging, and this is not the place for a serious debate. I regret allowing myself to be goaded into retaliation but this town has been so terribly ignored by its senior representatives that emotions run high.

Having lived in Australia for over 20 years, I enjoy the symbolism of their federal parliament building in Canberra. You can walk on a grassed area over the roof of this building symbolically to show that the people are "above" parliament. I know that's a tad esoteric but it is the very opposite of the ignorance and aloofness that I observe in this little town by many of our representatives.

end link