Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Roger, I think I know you well; and I know that you are hard-working, totally honest, well-intentioned and trying your best for Dover. But the days are past when a politician could say 'You can trust me' and be believed. That's why councillors and officers need to keep their hands where people can see them every minute of the time. Openness is paramount nowadays- if things are being hidden, people will assume the reasons are sinister, or that someone is trying to cover something up.

That's why I welcome this petition - if DDC and its officers truly are whiter than white, then you all have everything to gain from this process. If there are skeletons in the cupboard, then the guilty ones will be exposed.

Regarding ASDA, they pulled out of DTIZ when they realised that buying the NETTO chain of stores would provide them with a Dover presence. That's all. Nothing sinister there, just unfortunate timing. Remember that in early 2005 we sunk our life savings into a business in Dover on the strength of promises that DTIZ would be up and running within 2 years. Those promises both from Bond City and from the council.

end link