Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hello everyone. Roger this is absolutely not about rocking the boat, I am not intent on making trouble. The 2010 Local Government Act was introduced by this Conservative Government as part of their "Big Society" initiative to encourage greater transparency by those who chose to nominate themselves to represent us and by the officials who answer to them. This local council and its leader are barely visible to the electorate and need to enthuse about matters of local concern through free and open meetings, and certainly not at pre-submitted Q & A sessions of a relatively un-influencial Scrutiny meeting.

It is a democratic right that you are critical of and that surprises me. You may not like the petition for reasons of your own but I trust you totally support openness and transparency in government as I am sure your colleagues at DDC do. I reiterate my earlier post, if this Council has done everything possible to bring about the St.James development they have nothing to fear from a public meeting and everything to gain.
    Regards, Alan.

end link