Our first gold
- 1 August 2012 12:19the ladies in the rowing - congratulations to both, hopefully will kick start a rush of golds.
- 1 August 2012 12:24Yes great stuff!! and Bradley Wiggins is on this afternoon..he is in such super form he is surely a racing certainty for another!?
Go Bradley...give it some welly.
Its a time trial so its all about welly..fast and furious.email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 August 2012 16:26just a mention,bradly wiggins HAS won GOLD for gb.well done that man.
- 1 August 2012 17:18Yes the man in the yellow jersey has done it, Bradly Wiggins is now the most decorated Olympian he kept focused just as he did in the Tour he surely has had a great year and done Great Britian proud.
But we must not forget all the other medal winners so far, especially our other Gold winners this morning.
- 3 August 2012 12:18they keep coming, the womens double sculls have just won gold.
- 3 August 2012 19:16two cycling golds this evening, what great reward for years of training and dedication.
the mood is clearly spreading through the entire olympic team, success breeds success.
- 3 August 2012 19:42And Becky Addlington to go in about 5 mintes with a good chance for gold.
- 3 August 2012 19:57It wasn't to be unfortunately for Becky, only bronze. :(
- 3 August 2012 20:39andy murray has done the very unlikely and beaten djokovic to reach the final, another example of someone fired up totally by other successes and crowd partisanship.
- 4 August 2012 09:53Dem Brits can certainly ride bicycles and row like the wind...give them water and a bicycle and they'll get you a handful of medals.
As an astute aside...has anyone seen the Oirish team..?? they seem to have gone AWOL. Gone missing.. Gone Fishing ! They showed up for the Opening Ceremony (probably because there was a drink in it ), but I aint seen them since in anything. I live in hope of a medal of any hue but even taking part would be a bonus.
I hope they didnt employ the same coach as the football team in Euro 2012..finishing last loses a bit of chutzpah after a while.
Dont forget Market Sq today..details on frontpage.Last edited by PaulB at 09:57 on 4 Aug 2012email: email@example.com
- 4 August 2012 14:23paulb,they are either down paddys bar drinking murhys,or down murphys bar drinking paddys whiskey..if not they are in both.
- 4 August 2012 18:04
- 4 August 2012 18:29now stands at 11 gold,not bad after a slow start.
- 4 August 2012 18:31i like the joke above,just traded my tv for a 4 man tent and a years supply of lug worm.
- 5 August 2012 18:08got back in time to see andy murray 2 sets and a break up to roger federer, by the time i recovered he had actually won the gold medal.
a gold in the sailing and unheard of silver and bronze in gymnastics make the weekend a resounding success.
murray is on court again now in the mixed doubles final.
- 5 August 2012 19:00Murray and Robson had to settle for a silver medal. Lost 10-8 in final set.
- 5 August 2012 20:14ian,just checked sky results for the tennis,murray won gold beating federer 6-2,6-1,6-4.federer wins silver.
- 5 August 2012 20:44Brian, I was referring to the mixed doubles Murray was in with Laura Robson. They raced through the first set but unfortunately lost the next 2 sets.
- 6 August 2012 05:50ah ok ian sorry,missunderstood your post.well i never gold and silver for bat and ball.done himself proud didnt he.
- 6 August 2012 14:10All these Gold medals are keeping me glued to the Olympics 24/7, it's infectious, I am absolutely loving it, becoming obsessed
Lo and behold PaulB, I spotted an Oirish girl in the Triathlon on Saturday morning, don't know what happened to her, have to presume she finished the course but then again she may have left early to pop into O'Neills for a Baileys
Here is a rather fuzzy pic of Katherine Copeland showing off her Gold medal who together with Sophie Hoskins won the Gold for Team GB in the Womens lightweight double Sculls. It was taken very late on Saturday night after their celebration party.