Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I just wonder if our fisherman were to block off say Dover and Ramsgate how long it would be before the Royal Navy is brought in.

Yes there is a right to protest and strike and I am not against strikes as the final act of standing up for your rights and have done so myself in the past. However the French appear to block the ports no matter what their cause is and go straight for it, so sorry I think it is time that the French Government stood up to them and did some thing about it. Why should industries and people over here loose money and put up with the inconvenience caused by the French.

Some small and one-man truck companies will probably go under because of this strike and blockade. So yes it is for the fisherman's livelihood they take this stand but who is going to look after the English companies going under because of this in these hard times for everyone, some small companies this could well be the final nail in their livelihood.

The police over here have to run operation stack and who just is paying for that every time these blockades happen.
    So no it is not a joke and they should be forcibly removed from the harbour, right to strike or not.

end link