Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well Sunday morning came round I had wrote and told my family what was to happen
    There we all was dressed in our best NO1 dress uniforms and with all the troops marching behind the band yes I was also playing with the band on my Ef clarinet we marched down to the garrison church 100s of the public looking on ,when we got to the church the band took up its place inside the church right at the front ,we were told to sit down in our places .
    Then the bandmaster came in ,we all had to stand up for that ,then in came the the officers and their familys then the mayor and the council and members of the public were at the back the church was full to the max/with all of the church standing in came the choir and the vicar who was a serving officer .And I was to be the star of it all
    I was even in the programme with a write up about me and my music history from playing the violin from a very young age, must say I feeling good about it all.
    The service went a head and last post etc was played then it came to my turn to play the solo I took up my place standing next to the bandmaster I tuned up my violin with the band.all OK.
    So I started to play ABIDE WITH ME in front of the full church then it happen! I was playing and my E string on the violin broke and it was a wire one. well I could see what was going to happen it rolled up and then the impossible happen it went up my nose "true"up my nose there was blood pouring out of my nose all over the violin and my music +my eyes were full of tears and I could not see a thing ,and then the bandmaster turn to me saying"Keep playing Matcham they will give you a medal for this. "
    But I could not the band played on anyway with them taking over my solo till the end.
    I was taken to the sick bay and had to have the string removed. This folks is a very true story.

Thanks again Mr Martin I hope you all have a good smile about this one.

end link