Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well it is now 0130hrs in the morning so this part will not be along one.
    going on from where we stopped .
    As they where going round the room they came to my bed .I was worried and could be seen by the C.O. The CO just looked my kit and into my locker then said nothing and moved on but give a nod to the sgt. He and the cpl pulled all my uniforms out of the locker they then pulled all my kit off the bed and like the other lad kick and jumped on them and then shouted for me to get out of the room.
    Two or more lads got the same treatment and joined us in the yard one was crying. then the party moved down to the washhouse .
    The inspection was over and both the C.O. and R,S.M went away, but not before telling the sgt and cpl "We what to see it a lot better next time"
    The sgt then to us ordering us back into the room and stand by our beds,He started to shout at us all,saying we had let him down with the turnout .And said "All of you will get ex dills and no going to the TV room or games room and lights will go out at 20,00hrs for a week and you can all blame it on your own mates who let you down.
    We were then taken outside for our ex drill.
    And please remember I had not been in the army a week yet.
    Next day they put me with a group of lads and I was to go round with them so I could see what and where they went etc.
    And on Monday staying with the same group I would start my schooling and music lessons.
    But this place was like a boot camp not a school of music.Canterbury then was a very big place with lots of army bks with 1000s of troops .If you know Canterbury the bks were on the way down the roads to currys and right up over to Canterbury golf
    club.and up to where the county court is now .and big walls were all a long the sides of the roads with big gates and they were manned by troops 24/7 hrs you could not get in or out without a pass.
    When I first joined they took all my own gear off me even what I was wearing at the time ,and told I will get it back after a few weeks of training .That was done to stop us young lads from running away.
    But taking you back to the ex drill we had to do that night and for a week.
    First we was made to pickup our kit from the floor remake our beds but must say the other lads did help us because it had happen to them at some point.
    This is what happen in the week following that room inspection.

end link