Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hello everyone! A final update - I have now hit £2500 with my fundraising for the Stroke Association. Pending any last minute donations up to when I stop collecting on 23rd May, I am delighted with this, beating my target by £500.

http://www.justgiving.com/claire-j-Jones

I would like to thank everyone who has supported me from the bottom of my heart, I could not have achieved this without your help.

This was my last big fundraising effort, having raised about £7000 over three marathons and last year's Great North and Great South Runs and some smaller events over the last 5 years.

During this time I have supported:

Cancer Research
    St Catherines Hospice Crawley
    Children with Cancer
    Guide Dogs
    The Dogs Trust
    and The Stroke Association.

I will continue with my fundraising but much more low key, just doing things such as boot fairs rather than asking people to support me by donating or coming along to events, although of course if they want to I won't say no!

My next challenge is the Great North Run, the world's biggest half marathon, on 16th September, for the MS Society, as I have had four family members suffer this terrible disease (even though the jury is out as to whether it runs in families). I don't have a target to reach as I have my own place in the race so I will just raise what I can doing boot fairs and maybe a supermarket collection. I'll let you know how I get on.

end link