Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thank you everyone! I am a bit sore but very pleased with myself. It was tough out there, and terribly sad to hear of the fatality. I took about 45 minutes longer than I had hoped to get round, Had a rest at 15 and 17 miles and did a bit of walking here and there from 19 to 25, had some tears at 22 miles when I really didn't think I could do it, but fate had a hand in producing a fellow club runner and friend in the crowd just after that, whose shoulder I cried into and who gave me the biggest hug and a good talking to, and another fellow club runner and friend at 23 miles who inspired me to keep going and reminded me why I was doing it. We did the last 3 miles more or less together, and crossed the line together. It was great to then meet up with Heather, Caroline and my dad in Horse Guards Parade.

I will be doing do a proper report on my day but in the meantime here are some photos.

At 13 miles taken by The Stroke Association.

At 25 miles taken by my Dad

After the finish with supporters Heather on the left and Caroline on the right. Photo taken by my Dad who we met up with in Horse Guards Parade.

Fundraising is still going well, up to £2305, please keep it coming!!! Final cut off date is 23rd May if you want to donate.

Thanks everyone for your continued support.

Ps Tom your weather forecast was spot on. It only started raining on me at 24 miles by which time it was very welcome!

end link