- 29 July 2012 13:41Last night damage and mindless destruction was caused to property in River.The flint wall outside of the Village hall ..Paving slabs were torn up and threwn causing the planter i bought to be damaged beyond repair, £70 down the drain.Worst still they have done untold damage to the childrens play area in the Abbey .
Mindless Stupidity .
- 29 July 2012 13:59The 6 weeks of silly season has startedBeen nice knowing you :)
- 29 July 2012 14:22Shocking to hear this Sue, as Scotchie says above it's the 'silly season'. Now that schools are out it's probably the same troublesome kids that cause mayhem in school time, see other thread on school problem kids.
- 29 July 2012 17:18it puts to shame all the good work done by childrenCOME ON DOVER ATHLETIC AUTOMATIC PROMOTION THIS SEASON
- 30 July 2012 11:53
- 30 July 2012 21:25Must have been done before the store opened, the big question is WHY ?
- 30 July 2012 21:34I can only think the same WAY!!!and for what reason, makes those who did it look big in each others eyes, because they sure don't look big in anyone else's.
- 30 July 2012 21:41roger/jan
the answer lies in the thread tiitle, still only 5 weeks to go.
- 31 July 2012 06:43Keith and all, do we know it is children and not mindless teenagers? A public flogging is what these idiots deserve whatever they are.
- 1 August 2012 06:36I didn't say what age group Barry, but you're right, it could have been teenagers. I'd agree with a public flogging, or put in stocks and pelted with wrotten eggs/tomatoes.
- 1 August 2012 08:24There would be no worse punishment for the cocky young and old than the public humiliation of the stocks with a large board saying what they had done, they would be so not cool bring them back as soon as possible.Last edited by Jan Higgins at 08:24 on 1 Aug 2012This is posted from my nice large closet:)
- 1 August 2012 08:32
- 1 August 2012 08:54Public flogging and the stocks! we really have come a long wayAudere est facere.
- 1 August 2012 09:05Watch out Barry the do gooders are about, you know the ones who say "Lets pat them on the head and tell them they are naughty" The cane, flogging or the stocks oh no thatís barbaric.
Trouble is these youngster know nothing will happen to them at the worst they will get a police caution, that's if they are ever caught.
Martin you are right we have come along way, to far the wrong way to where we are now to soft.Last edited by Harry at 09:07 on 1 Aug 2012
- 1 August 2012 09:05mindless damage to the docters surgery windows as well as the hairdressers along brookfield place this morning,who ever done it should be flogged first then put in the stocks for a week.i'd rather be judged by 12
than carried by 6.
- 1 August 2012 09:08#14 if that remark is aimed at me Harry then you could not be further from the truth, do you honestly believe public floggings are the way forward or throwing rotten eggs and tomatoes at offenders?Audere est facere.
- 1 August 2012 11:04not much middle ground here, we have the answer already in community pay back but looking around it doesn't seem to be implemented well.
- 1 August 2012 11:08Spot on Howard, make them put something back into the community learn some discipline and perhaps work under orders for the first time in their lives.Audere est facere.
- 1 August 2012 12:20Advocating barbarism is beyond my comprehension, what is it the new tourist attraction, public flogging in the Market Square, with the crowd cheering for me, whilst eating their hotdogs and sipping Coke.
Lets go the whole hog and stone adulterers and chop the hands off thieves.
The corre t way is what Howard and Martin suggest, teach them discipline, flogging is no more than medieval revenge.
Ugandan public flogging, great entertainmentLast edited by Chris Tutthill at 23:16 on 3 Aug 2012
- 1 August 2012 12:25please could somebody make my link live.