Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Paul, the Decision Minister will be aware that the Western Heights SAM is object of discussion among local people and councillors with regards to needed funding for regeneration.

This, together with some other examples given for needed local funding, may require her to decide whether the criteria is met in the DHB submission for community involvement in regeneration.

My view is that this criteria is not met.

Quite clearly we need more substantial funding for local regeneration. So let us assume the Decision Minister looks into this and asks questions to local authorities about the examples I have given, and looks into Dover's requirements in general.

If this comes about, then perhaps local groups such as WHPS will have the chance to come forward and put their case over to her. It may all help to make an informed decision on future funding for local regeneration.

So I considered this to be the best occasion to put forward our case for Dover's future, which is why I remained part of the public consultation.

end link