Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

#1564 - Sadly Alexander I am not going to feed your desire to defame the name of WHPS with your making of false statements and inventing disputes. WHPS will continue to work in partnership with EH to secure the long term future of the Heights, and work within their guidelines and to the laws of a Scheduled Ancient Monument.

Your common sense comments on weeds and bushes and graffit and loose brickwork are already things that are on WHPS radar so there really is no response. None of these things can be completed without Scheduled Monument Consent which would required from EH and are long term projects. Ivy as I have already pointed out (and posted images) causes immense damage to ancient walls with lime mortar which it eats away and eventually blows out whole sections of walls, it certainly isn't protecting it, but EH set the guidelines and WHPS will work within them. Differing opinion yes, dispute no !!

So back to the question:

A - Are you in this for your 15 minutes of fame and picture in the paper

OR

B - Are you in it for the long term, put hours of your free time into it every week, get your hands dirty helping out and still be there in another 10/20 years trying to do the right thing ??

No response I will assume (A) applies.....

end link