Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Paul, the problem is, the dispute between WHPS and English Heritage, who you say want the Heights to vanish into a pile of dust.

Facts demonstarte the opposite:
    1) English Heritage have invested a large sum: £250,000, to save from decay an important component of the Napoleonic defences.
    2) They have conducted a study on ivy and ascertained that it protects brick walls from decay. Consequently they gave WHPS instructions to carry out their requirements.

On both these issues WHPS is in dispute with English Heritage.
    My gardening experience informs me that ivy does in fact protect walls, but it strangles trees. E.H. quite rightly instructed WHPS on how to preserve the walls.

As for the roots of bushes and trees encroaching onto brickwork, which I posted on yesterday, and also previously on this or another thread, and how to deal with it, it has not been taken up by you or Jeff, nor my point made on securing lose bricks, graffiti removal, repainting metal doors and railings, and the need to have some wardens on the Heights.

Quite clearly we are not seeing eye to eye.

end link