Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

But when planning to take risks here, Paul, it is our Heritage you are risking!
    I think a number of us have expressed our disagreement with your proposals.

Lara believes the war memorial plan is badly designed. She doesn't think anything of the idea to build a new residential complex either. She's also mentioned Military Road being unsuitable for traffic when it snows.

I would have nothing against a WW memorial on the Heights if it were a normal memorial, nothing grandiose that is planned to attract millions of visitors.

Ross and many he has spoken to believe that no houses should be built on Western Heights.
    For me the same.
    Your risks are not as popular as perhaps you at first thought.

Still you haven't replied to my question about the traffic in Dover and on the Heights that would ensue from your plans. Where would they all park? Assuming millions of people were attracted.

Most of all, your plans would see the death of the Green Area of Western Heights.
    But have you asked how much developers would have to pay to put the moats in a position of stability? And how long would it last, before the next renovation need take place?

That said, the moats are generally designed to remain as they are, and you have not really explained to us what regeneration needs to take place on Western Heights for the renovation of the moats and barracks.

Is the Grand Shaft in danger of collapsing?
    Are there dangers that moats or barracks will cave in?
    Or is it just to cut overgrowing grass?
    Give us at least some clues, Paul!

I haven't got a clue what you want to risk everything for, and ruin Western Heights in the process.

end link