Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Paul, we live in economically hard times.
    Public spending has been cut, and the Government has explained that it must be cut further still. The money is not there as it used to be, and the people have less financial availability now than ten, twenty or thirty years ago.
    We cannot spend beyond our means.

Paul, I have seen and witnessed projects start, and then fail half way through. Building sites started, and then left uncompleted, with cement blocks standing there that were supposed to become houses.

You could end up with a started project, and Western Heights covered with holes and cement foundations, some cement columns sticking out, and then the developers, or building contractors, leaving half way through for lack of funds, or because no buyers came forward for the houses.
    Do you have any proof that there are people willing to buy a house on Western Heights?

To regenerate the damage created then would cost as much as building the houses, once firms have to come and dismantle the cement blocks and put the original earth back in place.
    It would never be the same though, but they too would require a very lot of money.

Take a look at the Burlington House mega project. How it failed!
    It costs more to get rid of it then it did to build it. It's there, everyone hates it, but no-one can do anything about it. The money is not there.

Prior to building it, did they ever consult experts apart from developers. Nope! I lived in Dover then, and should know.
    There are many such failed projects, mate. Keep safe in planning and seek professional advice, and stick to the green preservation of the Heights, without concrete.

Do this, and no-one can reprove you for your great work.
    Mess it all up, and it will all be ruined.
    Take this advice of mine from an old fox

end link