Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As a matter deep in my heart, I can't do anything but post on this posting, and I think as ever Alexander you are talking rubbish !!

The Western Heights are major key to the success of Dover and the rest of it's regeneration, they are needed to assist it from becoming a place to pass through/visit the Castle, to a place that people want to visit of the weekend and for the local people to spend their money in their town.

With a successful DTIZ scheme and the waterfront project, the Castle, Heights, Roman remains and it is all successful

Locals will spend their £££ in town leading to more jobs in town
    Restaurants and hotels will thrive as people will stay in the town and generate £££
    People will spend money at the tourist attactions £££
    People will be employed in the attractions £££
    People will stop in Dover at the shops and restaurants £££
    People will be employed to work in the shops £££
    People will stay in Dover to work and spend their £££ here
    A quality hotel will employ people and regenerate the surrounding area
    People will be employed to build and service the new attractions and servicing the businesses
    The Heights will be protected else it will be gone in another 50 years
    MORE cruise liners will stop at Dover else if nothing is done we may have NONE !

Park and Ride works well in other towns, get it in Dover then have physical links between the attractions that are currently rather isolated. You won't need to park on the Heights

It's all about geting locals to keep their money in town and encourage people to come to Dover and stay here

The compromise? A limited number of houses on the Heights and SOME damage to heritage. Heritage that will be lost even more if nothing is done. We all need to compromise for the greater good

So Alexander, what are your ideas to stop the decline in Dover??

A memorial to an imaginary village? Plant orchards on the Heights?

Real world please !!

end link