Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I stand by my own personal view that the propsed War Memorial is badly designed, it lacerates through beautiful countryside that is synonymous with The White Cliffs of Dover, and although I salute and thank all who fought and lost their lives in the World Wars - why are we not commemorating Dover as a Historic Port Town that has protected England from a millennia of invaders.

CGI would of course see the Western Heights as a good selling point, as any commercial property investor would, they have investors and banks to make happy, and would probably make any presentation seem that much positive, but they are failing to see the bigger picture which would include the infrastructure that does not exist and would be very difficult to implement and all the points I previously made, and destroying an area that is unique which is one of the reasons that the small community that lives up there (some being prison officer families who have been there for 30 years plus) and other new families who have since moved there enjoy outstanding views and the peace and quiet.

If a large company such as CGI does not see a future in investing in the Town, then I would see that as a failure of Dover to promote itself for such ventures.

end link