Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Jean and I were burgled in January last year and it is a real personal attack - your body may not have been assaulted, but in a way, your mind and home certanly have.

I won't go too deeply into the mental state we were in for quite some time, but the tea-leaf came from Albania and lived just round he corner.

He wasn't working, his young wife and baby were here dependant on him and the State.
    He got community service, so no effective punishment, other than he pays us a small amount of money each month for a while.

We had to install a burglar alarm, so we could feel comfortable - going out and coming back, but the burglar alarm actually reminds us, everytime we set it, why we do so.
    To my mind, he should have been deported back to Albania; all people from overseas who come to live here, should know that they are allowed to stay, on the understanding that if they commit any offences, then back they go - it's the consequence of their actions and until this is done, those that do, will continue to commit crimes because there is no consequence.

Roger

end link