Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Any successful high street depends upon the local demographic having the financial disposable income to generate sales and thus growth. Sadly Dover does not have that type of demographic. Although I live in the rural area I rarely venture into Dover, preferring the atmosphere of Deal. Until more highly paid employment opportunities are available locally this situation is unlikely to change the prospects for Dover becoming a vibrant place to shop or enjoy. I realise that this won’t be a popular view but I think it’s realistic. Not being Dover born and bred I’ve lived in the area for many years and have watched the steady decline of the area which is very sad but there are not enough well paid career opportunities. Londoners with large amounts of disposable income will never relocate to Dover simply because the housing is cheaper.

end link