Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Jacqui.I am writing it down from their own sheets,please just keep to the proposal which are not mine but the KCC, We all know of your dislike for myself there is no need to keep on about it.

We move on to the next one,all what you are writing will go to the KCC. .

This is number 8.

Home to School transport.

The proposal is=
    Reduce the number of children entitled to free home to school transport to secondary schools.

Currently around 19,000 children receive daily home to school transport which costs Kcc £14million the saving to the KCC would be £2million.

For the Proposal.

(1) Some feel that ie a parent who choose to send their child to a selective or denomintional school which is further away than their nearest secondary school, should have to fund transport themselves.?

(2) Eligibility criteria could still be in place to provide financial assistance,enabling low income families to still have a choice.

(3)There is some overlap if someone has a Freedom pass and receives free Home to school transport.

Against the proposal.

(1) Some feel people should have the right to choose which school to send their children to_i.e. selective or denominational-without having to worry about the cost of school transport.

(2) It would be unfair for low income families in remote locations to have to pay for home to school transport.

{3] If home to school transport was not available, parents may choose to drive their children to school instead, which would increase congestion and carbon emissions.

Please tell me have any of you yet got near the £20million that the KCC ,need to save.?

end link