Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Every one says don't waste your time it's a forgone conclusion, don't do anything. I completely disagree with this attitide - if you don't give any input, it will be a forgone conclusion.

On the regeneration topic, I think that Kent Tourism do a good job but it could be better. I also think that (more ?) money should be given to local authorities to promote/market their own historic sites and attractions and as Dover (District) has more historic sites and attractions than any other town in Kent, we would have more to gain.
    Many of our smaller sites (like Crabble Corn Mill, Dover Transport Museum, Westyern Heights and the Roman Painted House) are run on a shoe-string and by volunteers, but get very little if any, financial or moral support.

Many ways to promote a Town or even a site, do not need big sums of money, just the ideas and of course, supported by a Can-Do attitude, which sadly we lack here.

Roger

end link