Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Vic you can be such a drama queen at times - this whole thread was meant to be about the KCC Consultation and proposals and you have yet again managed to make it about you. Good job I like you Vic.

Anyway onto the Proposals

1 - Lighting - absolutely on side and estate roads this should be turned off between midnight and 6am

2 - Arts & Sport - If the arts grants were actually targetted at local artists working with their communities I would argue to keep it but given that far to many of the grants are to artists not resident in the county then I would cut it - as for the Sports Unit I think we need to do as much as possible to get kids off their fat backsides and involved so should keep it but target it solely at school age groups

3 - Community Wardens - yes there is ovelap between various uniformed services, however my local PCSO is useless and my Community Warden is great, she knows all the local scrotes and their families and has a great way of sorting problems out. I agree we do not need more then one role here but assignment should be on the basis of performance. Also if we expect PCSOs to cover we can expect a bigger Kent Police precept on our tax bills - of course that isnt KCCs problem is it?

4 - Regeneration - frankly £3.8m is a drop in the ocean for what needs spending in East Kent alone, so KCC should cut this but work closely with district and central government to ensure that Kent gets its fair share of grants available, that these are directed to the places of maximum benefit to the community and they ensure adequate co-ordination of county and district departments.

5 - Freedom Passes - anything that helps get kids out of cars is good anything that reduces car journeys is good. Increasing the fixed fee would have a huge impact on the people who use this the most so for me this is a no - lets keep it as it is for now and review again in 2 years time.

6 - Home Help Eligibility - whilst this is a significant saving there is no alternative as family and friends etc will be involved as much as they can - the danger here is we remove any form of independence from these pensioners and either make them prisoners in their own homes or institutionalise them - so a no from me

end link