Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thank you for your posts as you are reading it we done the same in aroom with each group,I have try to present it to you in the same way that it was for us,but we did not have the time to hang about on each proposal, you are having as much time as you like,we had about one hr .I did say that this should have been handed out to us when we first got there but it was not, we only got it in the last hour before the meeting came to a end.so we move on to the next one.

The proposal is

Raise eligibility criteria for those elderly people who get help in thir own home with getting-up, washing and meals.

Approximately 6,300 elderly people currently get help in their own homes.

This costs £36million( including £11 million raised through charges.)
    If we raise the bar on when people are entitled to this help.

The saving would be £3million per year.

For the Proposal.

(1) Could family and neighbours do more to help?

(2)Individuals could become dependent on help which could lead to them losing their independence and needing even more help in the future.

(3)Could more of the cost be recovered by charging more for those who can afford to pay for the care they receive.

Against the Proposal.

(1) There are few alternatives for those who want to retain their independence living in their own home.

(2) If KCC don,t provide help at the early stages, people could quickly lose their independence and the cost more in the long run requiring residential care.

(3) Elderly people have paid taxes all their lives and should be entitled to help when they need it.

Over this one we were 100% against the proposal. I have all the paper work, and that is what you are seeing now.

The rest was talk, we will be geting a feedback on the meeting at some point and that will be pass on to you on the forum.

What I plan to do after it is all done is print it all off and send to the KCC. I hope you are all in agreement with that ,if not tell me so.

end link