Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Ok this is the first one of the day,and on this one 95% of us was in agreement that this dept should go making a saving of £3million ayear.

Community Wardens service.

The proposal is

(1)Community Wardens do not cover all areas across the county.

(2)Some feel that the local community should take responsibility for looking out for vulnerable people in their area and not rely on others to do it for them.

(3) Others point to some of the overlap in the responsibilities of Community Wardens, PCSOs, and voluntary police officers.

Against the Proposal.

(1) Some feel that Community Wardens are a focal point in the communities they serve and provide support to vulnerable people which they would otherwise not receive.

{2}The presence of Community Wardens reduces the fear of crime in the community.making the residents feel safer.

{3} Community Wardens help provide a central resource, raising community awareness of problems such as bogus callers and fly tipping.

The PCSOs found alot of support over this one,and I am in agreement with that to, the PCSOs cover most of the above and they do very well at it.
    When the PCSOs first started coming onto the Streets,I was one of the first to say is will not help.

I was wrong in thinking that, and today I think they do avery good job and in some ways better even then the police themself.

end link