Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Ok we will give it a try and see how we get on.

It lasted from 10.00hrs till about 1500hrs we all had a main meal and Got the cost back of geting there and back home again.
    It was all about how the K.C.C. could save funding with all the cutbacks it is having to deal with.#
    Part of the day was taken up with how to save the £20million the K.C.C must make. So they had 19 proposals on the table for us to vote for or Against,each proposal also showed how much saving would be made with that posposal,this is the first one.

The totel Saving for this one Proposal would be £1million
    {1} Street lighting-The proposal.

(a) Turn-off streetlights between midnight and 6am (Saving £1million)

There are 120.000street lights which are the responsibility of the KCC. Electricty bill for this is £5million (with a further £4million spent on maintenance)

To make savings we would have to invest in technology to fit timing devices and consult with local communities, Police and safety organisations.

Against The proposal.

(1)People may feel less safe to if street lights on their roads were turned off.

(2)Lights could be dimmed and not switched off completely and this would still save some money and carbon footprint.

(3)Increase in Traffic accidents.

Now For the proposal

(1) Experience from other councils which have already switched off lights suggests that neither accidents nor crime increase and, in some areas, annti-social behaviour can decrease ,as it makes certain areas less attrctiveto hang around.

(2)Not only makes a difference financially but also environmentally by reducing Carbon emissons.

Now before I tell you which way I voted please note that M/ROADS LIGHTING is nothing to do with the KCC.

Right then this is the way I voted Against the posposal,but for Lights in the streets to be dimmed and not switched off completely and this would still save some money and cardon footprint.

Well that is the first out of 19,I do have at hand all 19 proposals on the table we can take on the lot of them over the next night or two or end it with this one,it is up to you. if you wish to go head with them all one by one,and see how I voted.

end link