Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The recent Apple iOS update for their tablets and 'phones has caused many users varying degrees of headaches so I thought it would be worth a 'nose' around the system.

There are quite a few tweaks worth making which I have found improve speed and/ or battery life.

Barrie's unwanted free U2 download which I suggested banishing to the cloud, can be removed.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6439?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Many applications are turned on by default which not everyone requires and some are down right intrusive and send info to Apple re searches and even your location is updated and passed on as you move around.

Have a look here to see what you might feel you don't need to use regularly or want to share.

Settings>Privacy>Location services>system services.

The screen shot shows what I personally have set my iPad to do but obviously it will vary according to your usage. If you turn off something that you find that you later need it can be turned on again quite easily.

Just a thought.

end link