Front page pic,
- 30 May 2012 06:40hi paul,i see that lurking about yesterday,quite possable it might be a franco/german gun ship holding us up to join the eu properly.either that or it was trying to pee off bob goldfinger and the ferry companys,or better still a securaty exercize for the olimpics/jubalee.liberte,egalite,franernnty.
- 30 May 2012 06:43lol!! Brian that was quick..have only just put the picture up.
Yes out of all three options you mention it is probably here to force us to join the Eurozone kicking and screaming... One thing you can say about the Eurozone...never a dull moment!
But quite amazing to see the harbour entrance blocked. These are busy busy days.Last edited by PaulB at 06:45 on 30 May 2012
- 30 May 2012 06:51couldnt resist paulb,must be the time of day.liberte,egalite,franernnty.
- 30 May 2012 07:08lol!
Have now added an extra picture on the frontpage for max dramatisation.
- 30 May 2012 08:05It was just planned survey work being one around the Eastern EntranceBeen nice knowing you :)
- 30 May 2012 08:18Ah...very interesting Paul, thanks for that. But a naval vessel...were they minesweeping or generally checking things out prior to the Jubilee or indeed the Olympics, that is the question lingering on the grey cells.
- 30 May 2012 08:22This is all I can find
Operation Rococo - Survey works
Mariners are advised that "HMS HURWORTH" will be undertaking underwater survey operations in the vicinity of the Port of Dover's Eastern Entrance and up to a distance of 2 nautical miles to seaward, from 1800hrs on Monday 28th May 2012 until 2300hrs Tuesday 29th May 2012. "HMS HURWORTH" may also undertake underwater surveys in the vicinity of the Western Entrance during this period.
These works will include seabed surveys and possible diving operations. "HMS HURWORTH" will maintain a continuous listening watch on VHF Ch74 and her movements will be controlled by Dover Port Control.
Mariners are advised to keep a sharp lookout and where possible give "HMS HURWORTH" a wide berth and minimum wach when she is engaged in survey and/or diving operations.Been nice knowing you :)
- 30 May 2012 08:29Well done with that Paul...will put a link through from the frontpage now so people will know. Many thanks again.
- 30 May 2012 08:38Her official Navy web site is under development at the moment, but there is this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Hurworth_%28M39%29Ignorance is bliss, bliss is happiness, I am happy...to draw your attention to the possible connectivity in the foregoing.
- 30 May 2012 09:21Could it possibly be the 'oirish navy over from the 'Emerald Isle', refuelling before using gunboat diplomacy to force the mainland europeans to accept their exclusion from the euro
- 30 May 2012 09:54nah quite the oppisit barry,they where bob goldfinger to ramson.wantig to be paid in used euro notes .liberte,egalite,franernnty.
- 30 May 2012 12:16Ah no Barry W-S all the Oirish gunboats are in the emerald isle. The big election is tomorrow and all are forcing the indigenious population to go to the polls and of course vote the way their conscience dictates...
....as long as its yes!
On a a serious note for a moment. Unable to tell if the ship, HMS Hurworth, is still here today..visibility still poor, better than earlier though, but I still cant see anything.
- 30 May 2012 12:27i couldn't see it earlier even from the promenade.
- 30 May 2012 13:39Paul's post #7 gives the impression she would have left sometime after 11.00pm yesterday.-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I try to be neutral and polite but it is hard at times.
- 30 May 2012 14:10extra security for the jubilee weekend ?
we went once on the hovercraft to play cricket on the the goodwin sands many years ago and lost the ball , wonder if she will spot it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 30 May 2012 16:08havent seen the admerilty pier all day so missed everything thats going on that end,any cruise ships in today does any one know.liberte,egalite,franernnty.
- 30 May 2012 16:35None in today Brian, no fog as soon as you got part way up Jubilee Way at 2 o'clock bright and sunny.Audere est facere.
- 30 May 2012 20:58fog now cleared at aycliffe in the last hour,now seeing whats left of the sunshine.liberte,egalite,franernnty.