Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

25Kg sack of rice does a family of 7 for 2 meals a day for a month for £32. 31kg of mixed fresh and frozen veg costs £31 and does 7 for a month, 2kg Mature Cheese £10, when used as an ingredient, lasts a month for 7, eggs direct from local hens living in hobbyists' gardens - can obtain 3 doz for £6, so £30 for a month, 48 rashers of bacon £10, 12kg loose dried oats, grains, dried fruits provides breakfasts for a month for £22 etc and etc - shopping around, not using any of the major supermarkets and making a bit of effort can see £300 feed a family of 7 for a month without having to buy any pre-packaged, pre-prepared, highly processed foods.

As a smoker, I would drop the fags in an instant if they impinged on the food budget. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I have been able to balance the household budget without dropping any of my bad habits entirely, although when times were really tough just after we got back to the UK from the Far East, the bad habits were severely curtailed in order to ensure that the house was warm and that everyone was fed properly.

end link