Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Once again the word "I"appears so very often in the posts of Vic and Sue. Problem is, the electorate think differently. Had either of you been at the meeting on 3/9/14 you would have see the majority of DT Cllrs were for the flag. Also, a large number who have signed the petition are ex forces who have come out in droves , offer to raise and strike the flag if that is what's wanted and so many people have offered to pay towards the flagpole. A flag flies permanently at the Cenotaph , Admiral the Lord Boyce fully supports it and so do many veterans that came up to sign . Some were terribly upset at the lack of respect on DDay, as was Dame Vera Lynn, and no service either on Forces day. When I spoke with the mayor initially about 4 August she stated there was only a very short ceremony planned as she had a previous engagement. Some at DDC encouraged a bit more effort. If nothing else comes from this, it will not be a wasted effort Ă nd something might be done for a Dover branch of veterans. They used to be in Dover. Why did they leave? It is so striking that people are now telling me what I should be doing. What were you doing when they were still here and could have been helped? Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it but please do not put your failure in my shoes. Yes it has been enough Vic. People are absolutelĂ˝ sick of not being listened to. Remember the role and code of conduct of a cllr. For your information, I am either Augusta or Mrs Pearson. Anything else is a tad sarcastic and we do not resort to that surely? I do voluntary work in a charity shop. And if it is of any intrest I have had a meeting at DDC where setting up a charity for homeless ex forces, amongst others, like helping out veterans was discussed at length .it has not been mentioned because , as you may know, it is rather involved and time consuming. My first priority is getting the flagpole up as it appears more efficient to focus on 1 project at a time. Then further meetings will be held. I will look to you both to help out all you can and also to put a donation in the hat. I respect forces, ex forces and veterans like nothing else so respect for any time served in the forces. My husband was in for 26 years and as his wife I followed where he went so maybe a little bit of what they respect like our flag has rubbed off on me and I will never apologise for wanting to see union flags on every public building, every park , public place, school and anywhere else it can be flown with pride. Lets ask HRH Prince Harry, hopefully he has the time to reply to the letter sent.

end link